I love the Happy Herbivore Blog and cookbook. It includes all plant based recipes, which are easy to make and usually don’t take long. One of my favorite recipes is the chickpea tacos. Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) are a great source of protein and they are extremely low in fat. These tacos are delicious!
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Taco seasoning (to taste)
- 8 whole taco shells OR tortilla chips for more of a nacho-type dish (my favorite tortilla chips are Food Should Taste Good brand all natural multi-grain chips - yummy & nutritious)
Preheat oven to 400F. Whisk tamari, juice & spices together. Add rinsed chickpeas and toss until well and evenly coated. Place chickpeas on tray, spray with oil and bake 20-25 minutes, until crunchy. Assemble tacos with chickpeas, arugula or lettuce, tomatoes and eat.
How easy is that? Enjoy!!!
- majormitty likes this
- onetwoahealthyyou reblogged this from lexidixon
- glarification likes this
- ghostlybutts likes this
- airwaaaves likes this
- heartneverlies likes this
- surviveawholelife reblogged this from justabitvegetarian
- justabitvegetarian reblogged this from lexidixon
- wewontstop likes this
- petitelove93 likes this
- lexidixon posted this